 Robotics / RCX / 2250
Re: Simplifying Cygwin & brickOS/leJOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:05:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, John Hansen wrote:
I have been working on creating a single (large) installer for cygwin with
everything you need to build brickOS (and leJOS as well).  Download one large
file (which is, unfortunately, 18.9 MB) and you are ready to go.  I've tested it
on W2K and it works great.  I will be testing it on XP home and Windows ME this
week.  You may need admin privileges in order for the installer update the
registry correctly (I haven't yet tried it any other way).

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/BricxCCSetupCygwin.exe

NOTE: The installer above does not install brickOS or leJOS.  I have put
together separate installer which will install the current versions of brickOS
(0.2.6.10) and leJOS (2.1.0) already built, trimmed down a bit, and ready to use
from within BricxCC.  It is 1.2 MB in size.

http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/BricxCCbrickOSleJOS.exe

Let me know what you think.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm

John,

Thank you so much for creating a simplified BrickOS installation package.  I've
been thinking that somebody should do this for quite some time now.

I downloaded this package and installed it on my Windows 98 machine.
Unfortunately, I have been having problems getting it to build the libraries.
This is probably just a case of pilot error, but I am getting internal GCC
errors, shown below.  This is after a partial rebuild, but I get the same error
when I do a full build.

~~~~~~~
MAKE[1]: Entering directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/util'
MAKE[2]: Entering directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/util/dll-src'
MAKE[2]: Leaving directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/util/dll-src'
MAKE[2]: Entering directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/util/firmdl'
MAKE[2]: Leaving directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/util/firmdl'
MAKE[1]: Leaving directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/util'
MAKE[1]: Entering directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/lib'
MAKE[2]: Entering directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/lib/c'
/bin/h8300-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -/brickos/includ
e -I/brickos/include/lnp -I.  -c random.c -o random.o
: In function `srandom':
:74: Internal compiler error in `rest_of_compilation', at toplev.c:3744
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
MAKE[2]: *** [random.o] Error 1
MAKE[2]: Leaving directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/lib/c'
MAKE[1]: *** [all] Error 2
MAKE[1]: Leaving directory `/cygrive/c/BrickOs/lib'
MAKE: *** [all] Error 2
~~~~~~~

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Chris.