 Robotics / RCX / 1081
Re: About IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:54:38 GMT

The tower must be connected before you boot the computer. Have you tried
using the other COM port? If your mouse is using the other port, swap it and
try the tower in that port. Remember to reboot. If all else fails, you need
a friend to loan you a tower to test with.

--
Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net

http://bobfay.users5.50megs.com/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7900/
"Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message
I remember I connected to serial port without power off when I use IR
tower every time, can  it let IR tower get fault?

Zhengrong

Zhengrong Zang wrote:

I haven't used my RCX for a while, I found it doesn't work when I want
to download firmware to it today. In fact, it is near non working!
The RCX2 tools, nqc, lejos and WinNQC all can't find this RCX, but it
can be found in 1% chance even if I put it next to IR Tower, does it
mean my RCX no longer works? does anyone has same experience?