 Robotics / RCX / *9095 (-20)
  Re: Today's Challenge

(...) <snippage> (...) Thankyou, Claude. Now as to your further comments: I think that there is likely to be much merit in your words. I have not been able to transfer them into code as yet and so beg your further indulgence. In (very) pseudocode I (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: pre-releases brickos-0.9.0/lnpd-0.9.0 avail. for testing/feedback

A number of you have noticed that the files have been unavailable from the sourceforge mirrors. I was just able to download both of the files: brickos and lnpd. If you've been waiting, you should be able to get them now. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: pre-releases brickos-0.9.0/lnpd-0.9.0 avail. for testing/feedback

(...) Yeah. Sounds good. Will this address the issue of the sensor port reads taking up 60% of processor time? If you don't know what I'm talking about, I can go through old LUGNET posts and find it. Steve (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  pre-releases brickos-0.9.0/lnpd-0.9.0 avail. for testing/feedback

It's a new year and now you have a new version of brickOS. Yes, you read that right... a new version and a first version of lnpd for Linux that works with this new version of BrickOS. Along with this lnpd support, this BrickOS now supports USB IR (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BricxCC test release

Folks, I've been fiddling around with how BricxCC and NQC talk to the RCX when using the USB tower. It's because of several users experiencing problems when trying to download programs from within BricxCC (using NQC behind the scenes). Depending on (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Help with latest pbForth firmware

(...) I've just uploaded a new version of a test build of BricxCC (as well as NQC) to (URL) I've just redone my tests again since you said 3.3.7.7 worked with the same version I tried earlier and now it is working with my current version. I don't (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Help with latest pbForth firmware

Hi John, Just to let you know that I have the same version of PbForth and it works fine with BricxCC version 3.3 (Build 3.3.7.7). Would you like me to try your new version here? Bye Mario (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RCX Sensor Port and Power Supply Circuits

Here are my drawings of the RCX sensor port and power supply circuits, complete with measured voltages from inside the box. These are averages measured with a DMM, not an indication of peak waveforms. I might use an oscilloscope later if there's a (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Help with latest pbForth firmware

I recently downloaded the latest pbForth files for Win32 from Ralph's site. I overwrote the previous version of the pbForth firmware file as well. Today, while I was trying to verify that my latest BricxCC changes haven't broken anything I tried (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Simulink Compilation

Dear BrickOS users We would like to start using Simulink + Realtime Workshop (Mathsoft)to compile and download code to the RCX. I have successfully completed the installtion procedure for BrickOS - but noticed that the setup code provided by (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: sub-vi begin vs end control

(...) Hi, This is a *minor* bug in RoboLab. The sub-vi diagram will have begin and end terminal labels swapped, but the program will function properly. Use the text tool to rename the terminal labels. Thought it should have been rectified in ver (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: sub-vi begin vs end control

(...) In a LabVIEW program (vi) there is a front panel and a block diagram. The front panel is the user interface and contains both controls and indicators. When you place a control/indicator on the front panel a corresponding terminal is created on (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: sub-vi begin vs end control

Hi Tom, Just for my education purpose, I'd like to understand the difference between the "begin" & "end" control boxes at the "Front Panel" window. Although they look identical, they must be different since they failed to wire to the blocks next to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: sub-vi begin vs end control

(...) It is a leftover from LabVIEW. When you create a sub.vi, LabVIEW reuses the name of whatever is wired to the control/indicator. This behavior makes perfect sense in LabVIEW but much less so in Robolab. FWIW, the names are little more than (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  sub-vi begin vs end control

Hi, After a sub-vi is created, there are two controls created namely begin and end. Would someone explain why they are backwards? That means, it creates an "end" control linked to the beginning of the sub-vi, while the "begin" at the end. Thank in (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?

(...) If you'd rather do a little hardware work, than learn pbForth, I have a couple suggestions. 1) You could use LEDs instead of regular lights. An LED will only light, when the power is going the correct direction. So you could connect 1 LED to (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?

[big snip] (...) I do have DCC in the latest pbForth, but I've sort of dropped official support for older versions of MacOS. That being said, I think the instructions are still up on the site for getting it to work. :-) Please post here if you;re (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: combining LDCC and NQC style automation?

Christopher Masi wrote: [snip] (...) [snip] (...) I know, replying to myself, bad form. I have also discovered that pbForth has DCC worked into it. The good new here (although I have only looked at the introduction on the home page) is that Raplph (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: sub programs

"Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote in message news:200501140706.j0...ing.com... (...) Both RCX 1.0 and 2.0 use the same firmware which supports 40 total subroutines. Subroutines are dedicated to the five program slots so that (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: sub programs

Ok... I figured that out how to make sub-vi have that linked inside a vi. The question about the RCX 2.0's capability still remains unknown... --thanks (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact