 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 381
Re: Today's Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:15:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Claude Baumann wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Andrew Jackson wrote:
A cry for help:

I am trying to implement Ben Williamson’s Fetchbot
<http://ozbricks.com/benw/lego/fetchbot/index.html>.

<snippage>

Your apologizing to be a teacher is accepted  ;-)

Thankyou, Claude.

Now as to your further comments: I think that there is likely to be much merit
in your words. I have not been able to transfer them into code as yet and so beg
your further indulgence.

In (very) pseudocode I want the fetchbot to:

Begin
     Follow a search pattern until a known light value is reached
     Grab object
     Follow a (different?) search pattern until another known light value is
     reached
     Drop object
End

My problem is that the 'bot moves too fast for the versions of code I have
written. Ie the 'bot has moved past the object before it realises that it has
seen it.

Perhaps the new Swan firmware will solve the problem? I think that a millisecond
response time is fast enough, though and so I suspect that a faster firmware is
not necessary here, just a better algorithm.