 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 640
639  |  641
Subject:
Help with latest pbForth firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:18:12 GMT

I recently downloaded the latest pbForth files for Win32 from Ralph's site.  I
overwrote the previous version of the pbForth firmware file as well.  Today,
while I was trying to verify that my latest BricxCC changes haven't broken
anything I tried downloading and using the firmware that I extracted from
pbScripts.zip (dated 1/2/2004 01:22pm with a size of 24,264 bytes).  The
firmware downloaded fine so far as I can tell.  I tried downloading it via
BricxCC as well as via the firmdl3 from brickOS.  In both cases the LCD wound up
saying 4th when the download finished.  However, my BricxCC pbForth console
would not work with this firmware installed on the RCX.  So I downloaded
rcxTcl.exe.  I couldn't get a response from the brick using rcxTcl.exe either.

Is there a problem with this version of the pbForth firmware?

I found that the pbForth.zip from
http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/gems/pbForth.zip also contains a
pbForth.srec file.  It is dated 7/7/2002 11:10pm with a size of 25,180 bytes.
When I downloaded this firmware instead I was quite happy to discover that my
pbForth console works with the older of these two firmware files.  I still could
not get rcxTcl.exe to work, however.

I performed all these tests with a USB tower, running W2K, and with a 1.0 RCX
brick plugged into the AC Adapter.

Thanks,

John Hansen