 Robotics / RCX / *8650 (-20)
  problems with "dll"

Hi, I've installed cygwin and BrickOS successfully and downloaded the helloworld program, it workes. But when I now want to download a program with dll, following message appears: bash: dll: command not found What can I do? Thanks Franz Steinmetz (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Getting started; FFT; millisecond timing

Hi everyone, my first posting. First off, heartfelt thanks to Ralph for pbForth. Having recently (Jan 2004) got hold of Mindstorms 2.0 I thought I would lay out the way I found to get up and running with pbForth. It took me a week or two to figure (...) (20 years ago, 9-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  IR to RF conversion for the RCX

Hi, As I was searching for ways to remove the "line-of-sight" problem with the RCX, I ran across this link: (URL) guys are building a complete RF module for the RCX. They are replacing the tower with a RS232-RF tower and they are also building a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Spirit.ocx

Many Mindstorms RIS 2.0/RCX2 users like you want the ability to control their Lego creations (robots, webcams, etc.) over the Internet using a 'plug-in free' JAVA client interface. Currently only RIS 1.x users have the ability to easily perform this (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Spirit.ocx

"Don Beauchesne" <dcbeau@NoSpam.shaw.ca> wrote in message news:Hvq79y.1A9I@lugnet.com... (...) (I (...) problem (...) only the (...) Try this link for some help: (URL) -bm www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Spirit.ocx

I'm trying to use the spirit.ocx ActiveX control and VB to program my RCX (I realize this is a NQC newsgroup, but I didn't see one for VB users). My problem is that my infrared tower runs off the USB port, but spirit.ocx exposes only the serial (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New Sensor - ADXRS300-based Gyro for the RCX

(...) I fixed it right after I posted. Sorry about that.... Cheers, Ram (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New Sensor - ADXRS300-based Gyro for the RCX

(...) Forgot to mention that now I am ready to tackle Legway using the ADXRS300 Gyro, ADXL202 Accelerometer, and a bit of Kalman filtering. Watch out Steve, I am coming ;-) Steve, you did an AMAZING JOB on LegWay!!!.... Cheers, Ram (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New Sensor - ADXRS300-based Gyro for the RCX

(...) ROSCO (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New Sensor - ADXRS300-based Gyro for the RCX

Hi, Here is my prototype Analog Devices-based ADXRS300 Gyroscope sensor for the RCX. Check it out at: (URL) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Bluetooth and firmware query

Mike, If you're interested, pbForth replacement firmware may be the answer for many of your issues. My serial driver for the RCX is a straight half duplex that turns off the receiver when transmitting to avoid echoes from the IR. It could be (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Bluetooth and firmware query

As some of you may know, we have been hacking RCXs and adding bluetooth modules. What would make life easier is some help modifying the firmware to increase the speed of the serial protocols to the max the Hitachi chip can handle, which is a lot (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) I probably botched the DOS serial driver, but you could give this build a try. (Requires at least a 386) (URL) had the djgpp version of gcc lying around from a previous DOS project, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Don (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) I'm not likely to ever attempt such thing. Sorry about that. Maybe someone else will. John Hansen (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Call me kooky, but I'd like to see actual DOS support (ie, non-Win32s specific code) for the serial port. I have an old, trusty Win3.11 laptop that I want to use when taking my RCX out to events, for last minute fiddling. I've found version (...) (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Mounting PCB boards inside a lego brick

(...) Is that stuff non-conductive? Ram (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Mounting PCB boards inside a lego brick

Hot glue? (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Mounting PCB boards inside a lego brick

Hi, I am in the process of creating a new sensor for the RCX (more on that later), but I need the sensor to be level otherwise the readings might be off. Since this is my first attempt at creating a sensor (and my first attempt at soldering after a (...) (20 years ago, 1-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

(...) When a fellow MichLUGer brought up the question of hooking up an external power supply to a 2.0 RCX, a lot of these interesting little facts popped up. From the way it sounded, the RCX has a maximum amperage draw, and each side of the bridge (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: A/C Adapter for RCX 1.0

"Purple Dave" <purpledave@maskofdestiny.com> wrote in message news:HvF094.18ED@lugnet.com... (...) RCX, it (...) to (...) first (...) power. (...) of (...) the US (...) that's a (...) The RCX and the train controller both utilize a circuit known as (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact