 Robotics / RCX / *770 (-5)
  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

Why is this two stage? I could not follow this design clearly but are you feeding the output of one stage to the input of the next? Two compressor pistons in parallel is something else (double acting?? I am not sure what)... Cool design no mater (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Hi Chio Thats a pretty interesting design. Nice work! (URL) Here is a link to some pictures of the two stage compressor I built. Hopefully there are enough details shown to reconstruct it but if you have any questions let me know. The actual (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

c s soh <cssoh@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:37F21B8E.1C3CD6....com.sg... (...) What kind of maximum pressure (psi) can you get? I built a pressure sensor that I will publish very soon based on the Lucas sensors available from Digikey. I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

The page on compressor comparisons is really informative. I'm honoured that you felt my design was worthy of testing. The reason I made it a two stroker was to "balance" the load on the driving system. Michael Powell's compressor tends to "lump" (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Thanks, It could possibly be done but I've not tried it. It would have made the air compressor tester more complicated than necessary. As you can see I'm really a minimalist. One of the design goals was to keep it simple yet fully functional. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact