 Robotics / RCX / *7310 (-20)
  newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

Before you read.. i'm an absolute newbie when it comes to brickos and linux. I am running the cygwin environment in windows 98 and brickos 2.6.09.newconf2 Ok when I try to run the make strip comand this pops up strip fontdesign.exe strip: (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

Besides of NQC manual (which is REALLY comprehensive) is at (URL) good NQC tutorial written by Mark Overmars. It's quite old so there can be some dead links, but in fact, it helped me to start with NQC. If you know Pascal, I think it's good starting (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: LNP problem

Hi, I have read a lot about lnp but i still don't much about setting it up for windows, as most documentation is about linux. So could someone please let me know anything about the configuration of winLNP. I have tried a test a program i found but (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP problem

Hi, src/rcx.[ch] and rcx/remote.c. This may sound stupid but I was wondering if you have to download both these files to the rcx? Anyhelp would be great Thanks Andrew ___...___ Chat online in real time with MSN Messenger (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with NQC and math operations

(...) Did you considered that the RCX has only integer variables. So, the allowed operation range is -32768 32767. If at any stage of your operation you exceed these limits, the result will be corrupted. For the use of sine and cosine with integer (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

"Jeff Merrick" <jeffmerrick@gmx.net> wrote in message news:H9p6GK.1ou@lugnet.com... (...) need (...) Jonathan (...) to (...) book; (...) I will have a look at the tutorial from Mark Overmars site. But I've got a "Teach yourself C in 21 days" by (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR header how optional -- And Infrared "Warm Up"

Regarding "Henrik Erlandsson" <e.henrik@telia.com> wrote in message news:H9orqL.M9v@lugnet.com.. and others about "warming up" the serial infra-red link electronics. (...) the web (...) does, and if (...) both. (...) I believe the "warm up" concept (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR header - A Detailed Explanation

Several posts have speculated about the use and necessity of the "header" bytes used by standard RCX messaging. Hopefully this post provides definitive information on the topic. The ROM firmware uses a 30 milli-second inter-character timer. If if is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR header how optional

(...) see ... (...) require (...) That's very interesting. And, I've managed to get replies to "headerless" packets as you describe, however... (...) with (...) I still don't see any response to 0x10 0xFE 0x10 0xFE. The even bytes (0xFE) are not the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Problems with NQC and math operations

Dean, Well, that was the problem...changing the 10000 to 100 makes me get a value back, however I think the error is too big for the robots to navigate effectively..I'll probably have to learn legOS so I can use floating-point and get more precise (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: now normally baumfamily != enteract

(...) Email to update crynwyr? Yes I hope so, yes I've tried, yes we're staying tuned, sorry I was unclear, that's what I meant when I mentioned I had seen a mailto channel work there before. But Lego I don't know how to reach. Do you mean to say (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

I was in the same situation as you when I started out with NQC and I found the following resources helpful... Programming Lego Robots using NQC by Mark Overmars is a good tutorial...I probably used it the most to learn the basics of NQC... (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR header how optional

(...) Whether serial transmission is as simple as start:data:parity:stop repeated, or not, I still have no idea. But I'm posting again to say in those calculations I was off a whole order of magnitude, sorry. I imagine the calculator I used reported (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: now normally baumfamily != enteract

(...) Email them perhaps? (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problems with NQC and math operations

Jeff, Your problem is with the 16 bit integer size that NQC uses. All integers are in the range -32768 to 32767. Using 10000 to simulate fixed point math operations is killing you. Everything works when you replace theta and D with constants because (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Problems with NQC and math operations

Hi- I'm currently working on a project to get a dead-reckoning navigation system to work with NQC and the RCX. Right now I have a compass sensor and a rotation sensor hooked up and the idea is that with an angle and a distance, I can get an x and y (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) You need to compile remote.c for the RCX, that's the part running on the RCX. rcx.c and rcx.h define an interface for your application to use the functions provided in remote.h. Namely to turn on/of/break/reverse the motor ports and to read (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

(...) Well there are books called "Teach yourself C in 5 days", 21 days and so on... try amazon books. NQC is not actually a full C compiler, it has been simplified a great deal and if you learn the basics from a book, you'd be ready to go with NQC (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR header how optional

(...) I doubt anything (short of a 2MV Lightning Flash) will warm anything in 1 msec. ;) Also, the receiver won't warm up until the header has been read in completion and decoded. So I doubt it's used for that. Normally, in any communication, you'd (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  IR header how optional

(...) Yep. But via our solid new reply framing code, thanks again, now I can see ... (...) Nope. At least not here: now that I look, I see my RCX often doesn't require the PC to send x 55:FF:00. IR command packets like x 10:FE 10:FE PBAliveOrNot and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact