 Robotics / RCX / *6470 (-10)
  Re: Error opening //./legotower1

/ted (and Ingolf) Thanks for this pointer. It works. /ed OOPS that should be \ed (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: control multiple mindstorms robots using 1 IR tower!

yes - have to use messages - there's an app somewhere that allows multiple RCXs to be RCed that was developed for BrickWars I think, multiple games pads on one PC control an RCX each. Principle is, each RCX is coded to obey a set of messages in a (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Error opening //./legotower1

Ed - Take a look at patch [568061] posted on SourceForge by 'Ingolf'. The problem looks easily resolved by changing the '/'s to '\'s. I have not had a chance to verify this fix myself yet. /ted "Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Error opening //./legotower1

I am getting a common (apparent in the legos newsgroup) error "Error 53: Opening //./legotower1" when I try to download a program. I do successfully use firmdl3 to download the kernel even using the --tty=usb option. But when I try to download a (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  *** name poll 2nd phase: make your votes ***

Now is YOUR turn. I've collected the names and present them at the end of this posting. You can vote for ONE ( 1 ) name. Send an eMail to legOS-namepoll@gmx.de with: - the name you vote for - a phrase, choosen by you for example: I vote for: (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  legOS new name: a remark

some of you may have noticed that I didn't include some names. I contacted the LEGO group and asked them about their feelings for a new name. I got the following answer: The new name should not include any of our trademarks, such as: LEGO, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX infra-red code

hi Vincent, you might take a look here (URL) Mientki (...) In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Vincent Grace writes: (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX infra-red code

Hey! Does anyone know what signals to send from a non-mindstorms infra-red transmitter to the RCX? (For instance how to send "message 1" to the RCX.) You can e-mail your answers to <kttgrace@eircom.net>. (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  control multiple mindstorms robots using 1 IR tower!

Hi all! I'd like to control multiple mindstorms robots using one IR tower with replacing the default firmware for RCX unit to leJOS! Is it possible? I do consider the problem of how to distinguish the different RCX units inside the robots within the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: DJGPP & LegOS

Dave, This files are also located on the legOS website (URL) am currently trying to find any information about the process to build these using the current set of tools (gcc, legOS, etc) Ed David Chen <dcchen@pacbell.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact