 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2671
Re: Error opening //./legotower1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:37:35 GMT

Ed -

Take a look at patch [568061] posted on SourceForge by 'Ingolf'.

The problem looks easily resolved by changing the '/'s to '\'s. I have not
had a chance to verify this fix myself yet.

                /ted

"Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message
I am getting a common (apparent in the legos newsgroup) error "Error 53:
Opening //./legotower1" when I try to download a program.  I do • successfully
use firmdl3 to download the kernel even using the --tty=usb option.  But
when I try to download a program using dll and the --tty=usb option I get
the above error. If you are not familiar with system error 53 it is "The
network path was not found".  I have tried modify this the declaration of
this to "//c/windows/system" ,etc. but I can't get anything to work.

There are four issues/resolutions I am looking at. One is the possibility
that since we are running the code under cygwin that the root directory //
might have different meanings on different machines/systems/setups. • Another
thought is
that installation of other support software like the LEGO MindStorm SDK
affects this path.  I was also considering that firmdl3 does not properly
shut done the usb connection.  Finally I was considering that the device
name is different.  Under my windows 98 system I can go to Control
Panel|System Properties|Device Manager and then view the devices by
connection.  I find my USB tower under ACPI BIOS|PCI Bus|USB Universal • Host
Controller|USB Root Hub|LEGO USB Tower. Checking the driver properties I • see
several files but nowhere do I see legotower1 (nor do I quite expect to • see
it here).  Where does legotower1 come from?

From previous post I looks as if others had this problem but only with
firmdl.  There solutions also revolved around (I believe) the known bug • with
check to see what host OS is compiling the source
(http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=2519) for which I have • fixed.

Any thoughts?

Ed