 Robotics / RCX / 1724
Re: control multiple mindstorms robots using 1 IR tower!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:23:23 GMT

yes - have to use messages - there's an app somewhere that allows multiple
RCXs to be RCed that was developed for BrickWars I think, multiple games
pads on one PC control an RCX each.

Principle is, each RCX is coded to obey a set of messages in a discrete
range (there are 256 to share out), then the IR sends these out, they all
see the message, but only the one's particular to any one RCX are obeyed...

"Kazame Hayato" <kazame_h@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi all!

I'd like to control multiple mindstorms robots using one IR tower with
replacing the default firmware for RCX unit to leJOS! Is it possible?
I do consider the problem of how to distinguish the different RCX units
inside the robots within the same range of one IR tower! Is it correct to
impose some RCX-side program logic in java to offer different
names/identifiers for the each RCX-units? But how to do that? Can anyone
give me some suggestions about theses?
Thanks a lot!

kazame