 Robotics / RCX / *4275 (-20)
  Re: RCX2 info

Here are my 2 cents on your questions (...) RCX2 will be a new brick. You won't be able to buy it until the fall of this year. (...) I'm not sure if you can just download the new firmware into an RCX1. From what I've seen the physcial difference (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX2 info

Hi, Can anybody inform me about RCX2? I want to know if: - RCX2 is an new Lego brick (another then RCX1.0)? If Yes, where can I buy it? - It is possible to upgrade RCX1 to RCX2 by loading new firmware? If Yes, where can I download tis firmware and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001 Beta 3 release

Frans, Your story sounds very strange to me, but You should place NQC.exe in a directory like C:\NQC\NQC.exe (No spaces in the path!!) Change the path to NQC.exe by use of the preferences dialog. This must fix the runtime error. I will check the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Simple RCX-PC communication

Ciaran Jessup wrote [snipped]: (...) Thanks for the offer, but after posting my question I decided to have a go at writing my own java solution, and having done so, I also like mine. Looks like all those software reuse lectures I took were wasted on (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Hybrid-pneumatic quadruped

Very nicely done. I especially like the use of the differential as a control mechanism with the pump and the valve. -Xanthra47 "JP Brown" <envcons@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:G9nq4K.IuE@lugnet.com... (...) site. (...) is (...) (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Bug in RCX 2.0 beta (Was: RIS 2.0 software now in beta)

Dear all, I have managed to pin down the problem a bit further. Please look at the following program: program foo { const c10 = 10 main { forever {} } task test { local v2f local v2e local v2d v2f = 1 v2e = 2 v2d = v2e * c10 } } If you download this (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  showing my ignorance of makefiles :)

Hi, once again a stupid problem :) .. I've just moved all my code over from procedural C , to nice object orientated C++ legos code... the problem is... how does one compile in more than one file, at the minute I get around it by including my files (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Bug in RCX 2.0 beta (Was: RIS 2.0 software now in beta)

Dear all, I'm experiencing a strange phenomenon in my MindScript program which I believe to be a bug, where within a task the assignment of a multiplication of a local variable (containing value 0) and a constant (set to 10) to a second local (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Hybrid-pneumatic quadruped

I recently put a hybrid-pneumatic quadruped (Quad_I) up on the Mindstorms site. It might be of interest to the readers of lugnet.robotics.rcx. The URL is (URL) (all one line, if the lugnet server breaks it up). Or you can, of course, go to (URL) and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: MOC: Tower crane

Hi all I posted this everywhere else, then realised maybe some of you here might be interested. It's not a robot, but uses 2 RCXs running legOS as controllers. It's my first major project using legOS! Regards, ROSCO (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: A humble contribution to the community

(...) now I can just go straight to your page! Together with the Windows version by Rossz Vámos-Wentworth at (URL) (I still haven't got around to trying this Rossz), we can install easily on both platforms! (...) Aren't they always 8?) ROSCO (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  A humble contribution to the community

Having installed legOS on a couple of machines and always having trouble remembering the most basic of command i have made this page (URL) that i (and whoever else might need some help) can easily do it again. Considered that we might be having some (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Beta testers wanted

Some of you already downloaded NQCEdit, but we have only got two people to report bugs. Thank to Mario Ferrari and Marc Buchner for the suggestions they reported. For futher development we need some input about whats missing, bugs and so on. So if (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote in message news:3AA0BF7B.46088E....kun.nl... (...) AD-converter is measuring voltage, but we're not dealing with the AD-converter alone, but with a combination of the AD-converter, the pull up resistor, the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

hi Michael, thanks for you reaction. (...) So here I disagree with you , you are correct if you'r saying the inside AD-converter is measuring voltage, but we're not dealing with the AD-converter alone, but with a combination of the AD-converter, the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Visual NQC 2001 Beta 3 release

Hello Ronald, Great that you took up the challenge to provide a successor to RxCC! I have a problem with using the program though. I've downloaded the english version last wednesday and it still gives the runtime error and help problems you describe (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote in message news:3AA01C30.6FFBA7....kun.nl... (...) sensor-cirquit, while the RCX sense input is in fact a current sensing input ? What the RCX measures is voltage. It has a 10k pull up to 5V, but it (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

no, but you can consider it as a "blackbox" and measure it's behaviour by Ohm's law. (...) Stef Mientki (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

(...) Do you actually have a schematic of the RCX? Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  To all sensor developers, why use voltage drive ?

Hi, Why is everyone using a voltage driven cirquit when devolping a RCX sensor-cirquit, while the RCX sense input is in fact a current sensing input ? Ok, I admit, until short I also copied the schematic everyone is using. But I now think the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact