 Robotics / RCX / *420 (-5)
  RE: RCX Tower Internals

Kekoa wrote... (...) This might be a really simpleminded circuit. As far as I can tell there are a pair of 132's (simple HC logic chips) - one for each direction. They implement direct echo back, which implies that the channel is really only half (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Blocking IR

Before I start trying to do this, does anyone know why the LegOS function write_ir is a blocking function? I'm trying to write an IR detection system but am unable to do so in LegOS because every time I write a byte to the IR port the RCX locks up. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: arbitrary motor allocation

(...) Why does the code need a case statement? What interface are you looking for? void motor_dir(motor, dir) and motor_speed(motor, speed)? I missed the previous discussion. This is easy to implement, with no major changes to the code, just an (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  arbitrary motor allocation

If I recall correctly, there was some discussion of a rewrite of the OS's motor code so that arbitrary motors could be assigned by the code without the need for a large case statement in user code. Has that happened? Is it happening? Can I help? (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX Tower Internals

Kekoa Proudfoot <kekoa@pixel.Stanford.EDU> wrote in message news:FCzorK.Gyn@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) and compare to see if they look similarly. For me at least, the emitters (...) By the way.. Kekoa, I've looked at your page.. And I've discovered (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact