 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 223
Re: arbitrary motor allocation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 02:02:33 GMT

Luis Villa  <liv@duke.edu> wrote:
If I recall correctly, there was some discussion of a rewrite of the OS's
motor code so that arbitrary motors could be assigned by the code without
the need for a large case statement in user code. Has that happened? Is
it happening? Can I help? I've finally run into a situation where it
would be useful to me- thus the interest. (I also have lots of time to
work on it, if anyone has anything vaguely useful for me to start from.)
Let me know what the situation is-
Luis

Why does the code need a case statement?  What interface are you looking
for?  void motor_dir(motor, dir) and motor_speed(motor, speed)?  I missed
the previous discussion.  This is easy to implement, with no major changes
to the code, just an addition to the header file.  Probably you meant
something else.

-Kekoa