 Robotics / RCX / *3265 (-20)
  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

Agreed, LegOS is the way to go. Here is a LegOS program I wrote for a robot that keeps track of its heading in one of 8, increments (45 degrees intervals, numbered 0 to 7 heading clockwise). It keeps track of the last 10 segments in it's travels (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Is Extreme Creatures Good? (WAS: Re: US S@H Specials, Sep 20 - Sep 26, 2000)

(...) is this a good set? (i know i cant beat the price, but i wanna know if i'll have fun with it) josh (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) never mind. I've done this once, to prove, that you can build a little robot, which won't get stuck in any kind of corner. Changing strategie, if it detects a corner, in which it was stuck. an programm it only with this kid programming (...) (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) That's true. You can't remember something like a light-sensor reading, though. My thinking is: if you're at the point where you want to be doing stuff like this, you're probably ready to graduate to a better system! (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) That's not quite right. It is a little bit weard but you can use the counter to detect different states :) In connection with the timer, you can build a simple time dependent variable but only one. Regards Carsten (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Short term memory ablut sensor input???

(...) You can't do this with graphical RIS Code -- you'll need something more powerful. I highly recommend NQC. (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Short term memory ablut sensor input???

Can anyone help on how to utilize short term memory about sensor input? Ex. Remembering which side if the robot made contact? (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Communicatin between NQC and legOS

Hi folks, is it possible to communicate between two RCX, one running NQC, one running legOS ? I have to solve this problem for using a RCX programmed with legOS and the Vision Command camera. The vision command camera software requires an (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  WinNQC version 1.01

When RcxCC's source was opened, I found it wasn't written by C++, so I thought I need to write a new windows tool for NQC, after 3 weeks, I got the first baby. I want to introduce you this new NQC tool - WinNQC, this is a Win32 GUI application, it (...) (24 years ago, 20-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Vision Command on NT2000?

Does Vision Command work under NT2000? Huw (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: I'm writing another book...

Looks interesting. I'll be sure to pick up a copy when it's available. Ryan -- reply to: rjschave at home dot com (URL) Baum" <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-DE05EA.21...net.com... (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  The new Mindstorms products are now available in France

Hello all, A very nice surprise, I wasn't expecting them before november : The Vision Command System, Ultimate Accessory Set, Exploration Mars and Dark Side Developer Kit are now available in France. I just saw (and buyed) them yersterday in (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: HomeBrew Rotation Sensor

Greg Blount <gblount@mail.win.org> wrote in message (...) There should be no effect. It is not a very critical value. The LEGO light sensor only uses 16uF. Mike G. (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  I'm writing another book...

...but since I wasn't much of an expert on homebrew sensors, pbForth, or legOS, I recruited a few experts. The result was a collaboration by myself, Michael Gasperi, Ralph Hempel, and Luis Villa titled "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx) !!

  Re: Vision Command and RCX

(...) You don't need to copy this back from the RCX ! In your vision command directory is the following file \script\myprog.txt. This file is downloaded to slot 5 when you start the software in your VC program. (...) There a are two ways to do this (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  HomeBrew Rotation Sensor

Hello I recently built the sensor defined here (URL) used an emitter detector pair out of a mouse and built the circuit as defined, with the exception of using a 22uF capacitor instead of a 25uF capacitor. Will this reduce the effectiveness of this (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  spirit.ocx

Where can I download spirit.ocx ? (I have Lego Robolab and spirit.ocx is not on CD with software). Zdenek Chmelar (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  [ANN] TinyVM 0.2.2 with auto-power-off

The latest release's firmware shuts the RCX off if it's idle in program download mode for more than 8 minutes. If you have a program running indefinitely, though, batteries will still run out. Also, TinyVM 0.2.2 should work on CygWin 1.1.x, unlike (...) (24 years ago, 16-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Can't get Linux NQC to compile/Run

(...) Ok, here is the scoop. I've done the following tests... Installed Red Hat 6.2 Both rpm's worked just fine. (pre compiled & source) Installed Mandrake 7.1 as a 'Developer' (w/ Extension CD) Pre Compiled rpm failed. Same error. Compiled rpm (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Can't get Linux NQC to compile/Run

(...) [ -> followup-top .off-topic.geek ] (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact