 Robotics / RCX / *1280 (-20)
  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Hello Dave ... Santa just brought Scouts for both of my sons ... and of course he couldn't resist secretly opening one of the boxes. This led to his downloading the Scout SDK ... and staying up all night! Santa wholeheartedly votes for adding full (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New Lathe

It is a candle. Thanks to Iain Hendry for the suggestion. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000001bf41b0$19...@pro150... (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: New Lathe

(...) mills, and now a lathe....what is the material you are cutting? It looks like a wax candle. My Dad was a tool and die maker, so I had lots of time to tinker in the machine shop - getting my fingers dirty when I was younger makes me (I think) a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New Lathe

My first attempt at building a functional lathe. It is also my first NQC program. Thanks, Dave Baum. (URL) Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RIS 1.0 vs 1.5: which more "desirable"?

You will get a few extra parts with the 1.5 version, but the RCX does not have a place to plug in an AC Power adapter. NQC will work fine with both systems. Scout is junior to the Robotics System. Take a tour of the MindStorms sites and you will (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: dll problems

(...) I had this same problem yesterday when I had the IR tower in long range mode and had the RCX quite close to the tower. If its not in long range mode sometimes I have to turn the RCX off and then turn it back on again before dll will (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RIS 1.0 vs 1.5: which more "desirable"?

pardon my newbie-ness. i am researching mindstorms, as i am getting myself a set for xmas. now i am confused about the fact everyone seems to want RIS with the v 1.0 RCX. is this true? i guess i am just caught up in the details and new (to me) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  dll problems

Hi, guys. I've got legOS compiled and running pretty happily on a redhat 6.0 and a 6.1 machine, after some fussing with settings, i've figured out that it wants to use /dev/ttyS1 for the serial port... however, once the firmware is downloaded, i (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP collision detection Bug found and fixed

Hi there, i just found an evil little bug in lnp ( or maybe it's actually a bug in gcc ). The problem is the definition of tx_state as char, and compare operations like if (tx_state < TX_ACTIVE) . The compiler generates wrong code for this (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: firmdl3 problem? - Tower not responding

(...) "Tower not responding" really means that it can't write to the tower. Check batteries and the range. (...) Weird. As far as I can tell, exit is called correctly in all circumstances where "tower not responding" could be generated. (...) Again, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  firmdl3 problem? - Tower not responding

Hi.. I am having problems making firmdl3 work.. I have compiled it on a Linux box (Mandrake 6.0) and I get 'tower not responding' but the LED is coming on.. Also, after that error message, control does not return to the terminal. After playing (...) (25 years ago, 7-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX 1.0 availablilty

What I don't understand is why does it still say RCX 1.0 on the plastic? The mold is obviously different, why diddn't they change the version stamp? KL (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX 1.0 availablilty

Jorge Rodriguez <rodriguez.136@osu.edu> wrote in message news:384b69a4.915347...net.com... (...) I was told by LEGO guys that it is totally gone and even the circuit board has been changed. You have to somehow feed power in as though it was coming (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  simple beep

Is there a clear way to just create a brief beep or tone in legOS-0.1.7? I've never really looked through the direct-sound code, and one of my fellow students wants an answer NOW- so I thought I'd ask here before digging into the code. Anyone? (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Want rover.lx compiled on linux

Hi, i'm trying to track down the problems i have to download rover.lx to my rcx on Win95 (i get 'unable to load legOS executable from rover.lx'). So i have a little request: i would like a copy of rover.lx compiled on linux with egcs-1.1.2 (with the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX 1.0 availablilty

Did they take out the whole jack or just put on a new cover that hides it. (...) Jorge Rodríguez rodriguez.136@osu.edu (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New Dave Baum Book?

I'd have to say that both Knudsen's and Baum's books are quite helpful. The CD that is included with Baum's book has all the programs and nqc versions. There is even a quicktime video of legos putting themselves together to form a tank. All of the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

I agree 100%. Go with the new. Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-041299143...act.com... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

In article (...) IMHO, there are some cases where extra features are actually cost justified, but in many cases they are added because the short term cost is deceptively low. Even something as simple as an extra command line switch carries with it a (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: New Dave Baum Book?

In a nutshell, both books are excellent. Jonathan's unofficial guide is a great overview and starting point for the many different languages that have sprung up around the RCX. Dave's book is more geared towards building in depth with both the Lego (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact