 Robotics / RCX / *1115 (-10)
  legOS on Win95

Hi We are a couple of 4th year Computer Science students who have been given the enviable task of programming a set of 6 RCX's to do something "impressive" (please forward any cool ideas for a project to michael.yates@studen...le.edu.au) anyhow in (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

Dear Mark (and fellow readers) Sorry for jumping the gun - I just saw that RcxCC 3.0 has ability to send messages to RCX. Thanks again - Lars (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: What should be in the next version of RcxCC

(...) Well, I think RcxCC is just great. Thanks for making it. And esp., thanks for wanting to make it better. Interfacing w/windows programs would be great, but I would be happy with something simpler: a facility to send and receive IR messages (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Yippie, heLLo world (was: Re: Kernel dies after loading)

Hi Luis, i got thes egcs-1.1.2 sources today and rebuilt the cross-compiler and legOS and -- it works now. Thanks a lot for your help !! Could you perhaps give me a starting point to get some understanding of how legOS works internally ? (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Where to begin ?

I would like to thank Arjen, Hari, and Mark for there help. The advice given was informative and useful I really appreciate it :) I am placing an order for a space shuttle and am looking into obtaining a technology resource kit as per your advice. (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Kernel dies after loading (was: Re: legOS-0.2.2)

(...) A quick grep of the sources show that only a few things (other than lnp, which depends very heavily on interrupts) need the interrupts- task visualization and sound appear to be the two victims. If you don't need these and don't want to worry (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Kernel dies after loading (was: Re: legOS-0.2.2)

(...) In theory, everything should work with an unpatched cross compiler, too. legOS code checks a preprocessor define, CONF_RCX_COMPILER, I think, to determine whether patched or unpatched compilers are used. The problem is, I don't have an (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Kernel dies after loading (was: Re: legOS-0.2.2)

As I understand it, the patch provides support for interrupts, which, at least from my glance over the code, are necessary only for LNP stuff. (Markus, feel free to correct me on this.) So, it will compile with your "old" cross compiler and provide (...) (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Kernel dies after loading (was: Re: legOS-0.2.2)

(...) does this mean legOS will or at least should compile and run without the patch ? if that's true -- what is the actual effect of the patch ? (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Connecting two RCX's

Joost Reuzel wrote in message ... (...) Apparantly you can just do that. I tried it; it works and it *should* not be harmful. Note, the output should be in the right direction. Eric (25 years ago, 15-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact