 Robotics / NXT / 808
Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:46:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Brian Davis wrote:

http://mindstorms.lego.com/nxtlog/projectlist.aspx?SearchText=clankers

As far as small, quick (to build) mobile robots, I'd avoid treads (I know, kids
love 'em) and go with something like Jenntoo or any of the other samplings at
LEGOEdWest:

http://www.legoedwest.com/page.php?19

Thanks for the links, specially legoedwest.  It was my first time visiting the
site.

I checked out Goliath I and II at Matthias' site and the Clanker.  I can see
that the Goliaths are not geared down and the motors are tucked into a well
created by the triangular configuration of the thread and the vertical mounting
beams.  I've got mine "flat".  A 16 cog gear is driving a 24 cog on the drive
axle. The base is 15 units wide. Passable for a first attempt.

I'll bring my camera tomorrow and try to post pictures somewhere.  Then I'll
re-design it.