 Robotics / NXT / 807
Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:28:28 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:

In the mean time, could anyone share any pictures of
a tracked robot?  I guess the big thing is where
and how to mount the NXT motors.

I tend to avoid tracked robots as much as possible, but have found myself using
them a significant amount with the NXT for some reason. While this doesn't use
"standard treads", here's a good minimalist treaded vehicle (it would be very
easy to convert it to "standard treads" as well).

http://mindstorms.lego.com/nxtlog/projectlist.aspx?SearchText=clankers

As far as small, quick (to build) mobile robots, I'd avoid treads (I know, kids
love 'em) and go with something like Jenntoo or any of the other samplings at
LEGOEdWest:

http://www.legoedwest.com/page.php?19

--
Brian Davis