 Robotics / NXT / 805
  RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

I brought in all our RCX pieces for this week's "Lego A.T.V. Droid" class. I figured the kids might want to create a tracked robot or two. I made one myself after several kids struggled to create a sturdy base. At the moment, I'm staring at my (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

Gypsy, you could have a look here - there are two tracked robots (alongside with building instructions): (URL) von gypsy_fly <e_pilobello@yahoo.com>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

(...) I tend to avoid tracked robots as much as possible, but have found myself using them a significant amount with the NXT for some reason. While this doesn't use "standard treads", here's a good minimalist treaded vehicle (it would be very easy (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

(...) site. I checked out Goliath I and II at Matthias' site and the Clanker. I can see that the Goliaths are not geared down and the motors are tucked into a well created by the triangular configuration of the thread and the vertical mounting (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

I've been working on a tracked robot for my FLL team to play with. I don't have any pictures, but an MLCAD model is about 99% complete. I need to do the wires and am having fun trying to learn lsynth. Here's an image of the robot: (URL) not sure how (...) (17 years ago, 21-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RCX Roverbot morphs to NXT

(...) The kids in last weeks class got some track models started then they quit when the going got rough. After I finished my model, they realized how much slower tracks are versus wheels. They chose speedy wheels over tracks. It's going to be (...) (17 years ago, 22-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)