 Robotics / NXT / 1046 (-10)
  NXT on the Subway

LOL, the School in Brooklyn where I teach Robotics, gave me an NXT Kit (consumer version) to create a robot for them to use at the Science Fair. [LEGOSet 8527] I did not have a bag to carry the box, so I carried it on the Subway. LOL, everyone was (...) (16 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: nxt controller specification

(...) Strangely enough, the AVR does NOT read motor encoders, the lines coming from the encoder directly enter the ARM processor... Philo (16 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt controller specification

(...) Yep. But note that Philo was talking about *torque*, not force. A torque of 50 N•cm means that it could supply a force of 50 N with a lever arm of 1 cm, or a force of 500 N (more than 100 lbs) for a lever arm of 1 mm... but that would imply an (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: nxt controller specification

Thank you for clarifying this, Brian. I was reading (URL) It stated that the NXT with "Stalled torque) up to 50 N.cm. 50N... it equates approximately 10lbs?! That is without any further gearing down, but just the NXT motors!? Wonder if anyone has (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: nxt controller specification

(...) Yes. The AVR is responsible for a number of things, including PWM and encoder reading on the motor ports (IMS), the reading of the front panel button state, power management, and A/D from the input lines for analog sensors. It is not (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  nxt controller specification

Hi, I wonder if anyone may be familiar with the spec about the nxt brick: I found this on the ww.hobbyengineering.com . NXT Brick * 32-bit ARM7 microcontroller * 256 Kbytes FLASH, 64 Kbytes RAM * 8-bit AVR microcontroller * 4 Kbytes FLASH, 512 Byte (...) (16 years ago, 13-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  BricxCC Scripting

BricxCC now has preliminary but fully functional support for compiling and executing PC-based scripts to control your programmable brick (NXT, RCX, Spybot, whatever). These scripts can be edited in BricxCC with syntax highlighting and (coming soon) (...) (16 years ago, 12-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Researchers use Lego Mindstorms robot to improve ATM security

(URL) the article: "When the researchers created their prototype, which is called Undercover and was built with a Lego Mindstorms robot, they attempted to come up with a system that would be easy to use but would limit vulnerability to common (...) (16 years ago, 8-Feb-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  NXT Battery not charging

Has anyone had this issue before; I have a NXT with the rechargable battery pack and everything has been working fine. I've charged it twice with out issue, but then last night the NXT complained about a low battery but when I hooked it up to the (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Power Programming > LDD files?

(...) I don't know if the instructions are on-line (publishers don't always like that), but you might want to have them build something similar of their own, just to help in designing something. Remote controls tend to be pretty simple (although (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact