 Robotics / NXT / 1037
Re: NXT Power Programming > LDD files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 02:15:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:

Several of the kids are very interested in the Remote Control
found in Chapter 16.

I don't know if the instructions are on-line (publishers don't always like
that), but you might want to have them build something similar of their own,
just to help in designing something. Remote controls tend to be pretty simple
(although I've not seen Johns). There are also a number of good remote controls
up on NXTlog (I've got to put mine up there sometime too).

As of today, I had no takers for using the laptops and NXC,
they're sticking with NXT-G.

Well, worse comes to worse just make a remote control in NXT-G. I'm guessing
you're talking about a BT remote control? Here are a pair of simple programs
that you could study to implement a BT remote control under NXT-G:

BTRC (the remote control):

Remote (the program running on the vehicle):

There are a few other NXT-G examples in that gallery as well. It's not nearly as
flexible at a low level as NXC, but if they are going to be using NXT-G it's not
without possibilities.

--
Brian Davis