 Robotics / NXT / 1046
1045  |  1047
Subject:
NXT on the Subway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:09:36 GMT

LOL, the School in Brooklyn where I teach Robotics, gave me an NXT Kit
(consumer version) to create a robot for them to use at the Science Fair.

    8527 Mindstorms NXT
577 elements, 0 figures, US$250, 2006
LEGO > MINDSTORMS > {Invention Kit}

I did not have a bag to carry the box, so I carried it on the Subway.
LOL, everyone was staring at it! HAHAHA.

I of course spun it around to the front so the curious could look.
Normally people kind of keep to themselves and mostly tend to ignore one
another. Not this time, ahh man, that was funny. Then I went to the PATH train
to cross the Hudson River in to New Jersey.

The same thing happened!

When ever I get in to the to elevator to go to my apt., the same thing
happens, but when I have a robot with me, like when I unload from doing a
show, people can’t help but look and say “wow what is that!?” The rest of the
time, people just keep to themselves. Lego seems to bring the curiousity out
of people and it breaks the tension and the unfamiliarity goes away.

I love it.

Does this ever happen to any of you when you go out in pubic and people see
you with a MOC or other Lego products?

CAPS Robotics Class:

Eric Sophie
Robotics Instructor