 Robotics / Micro Scout / 58 (-20)
  Re: Hardware Hacking the MicroScout

(...) No problem... If you know of anyone that can program in PocketPC let me know... I'm trying to get NQC ported to an ARM version of PocketPC. Dean (...) -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Hardware Hacking the MicroScout

Thanks for the Toshiba pointer. Found the data sheet at: (URL) appears to have 8K masked ROM, and 256 bytes (!) of RAM. It also has a serial port and 6 A/D ports, which I don;t believe are being used in the Microscout. I'm going to look around and (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Hardware Hacking the MicroScout

(...) If I remember correctly it's a Toshiba processor... IF you can HACK more then 1k of RAM in the thing I'm sure many would be interested... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Hardware Hacking the MicroScout

Has anyone dome any hardware hacking of the MicroScout? I pulled a surplus one apart, to see if there was any potential for hacking. The CPU chip has the following markings: 22576.51A 87C808LM 1681 JAPAN 9916EAI D0029DBA It's in a 28-pin package. (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: P mode

You can download program to micro-scout in this mode by VLL with Scout or RCX. You can find some information in ScoutSDK. Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  P mode

What is it? I couldn't find any info on official mindstorms site. Alan C Pflugerville, TX ps--I just acquired my first sets with the microscout. (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Deformed pieces in DDK

Hi, I found two deformed 1 x 4 plates some months ago, don't remember in which set that was. I remember though being surprised, since it was the first time in many years this had happened to me. Since I have hundreds of these plates, I forgot about (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Deformed pieces in DDK

Greetings, Fasten your seatbelts -- I found a deformed piece in my DDK (nothing too worrisome, it was a 1x1 round plate; grey). But I was terribly surprised, though, as I had never before seen such a thing (Lego's quality control always impressed (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: DDK - What use are they / lower prices seen

(...) You can have some fun with the Micro Scout if you have the Scout from Robotics Discovery Set (9735). Some of the Scout's built-in programs emit Visible Light Link codes from its LED (output port 3) to trigger built-in programs in the Micro (...) (24 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.vll, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Help, DDK Fish with Moving Jaws

Anybody have any instructions/tips for the fish with jaws that you see in the DDK (jm17.mov). I'm kinda new to mindstorms and my 3.5 year old son wants me to build it. Also, what's it called. My son calls it the OP-C creature and he does a funny (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Droid Kit for cheap at ToysRUs, Barrie ON

(...) That's great. Because someone on the lugnet.market.shopping posted that the 9748 Set is now available from amazon.com for US$29.99 ($70.00 off!). I have always stayed away from this set, due to the microscout's limitations, but I think at this (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Droid Kit for cheap at ToysRUs, Barrie ON

Greetings, FYI - Just yesterday I found the Droid Development Kit 9748 at Toys'R'Us in Barrie, Ontario (Canada) for the wonderful price of $39.99! Even after our taxes, that's $45.98 or almost $0.07 a piece! (US $29.93 or US $0.04/piece) Needless to (...) (24 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

(...) Correction: No need to press Run. (...) Correction: No need for the Remote Control unless you want pushbutton control of the Micro Scout motor's forward and reverse. The Scout in Stand Alone mode while running its built-in programs can create (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  stand-alone Scout controlling Micro Scout = 3 wild motors

More 3-motor Technic fun with Mindstorms not using an RCX/RIS, not using a PC and not downloading firmware with the IR tower. Just use the Scout from Robotics Discovery Set and the Micro Scout from Dark Side Developers Kit or Droid Developers Kit. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

(...) [snip] You have all the parts to do something slightly different. See "Remote control of 3 motors with Scout & Micro Scout" at (URL) That post should have provided the following instructions: 1) On the Micro Scout you should press On, select (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

This looks really neat; I need to try this out soon. I have a Scout, Microscout and remote control, but no RCX, so this system would be ideal. (...) Just a slightly related question; it's probably a stupid one, but I've never been able to figure out (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

(...) [snip] Your reply presumes an advanced application with VLL. Sorry, but my scant description caused confusion. My original post intended a more primitive approach. Yes, you can really do manual Fiber Optic System control to Scouts and Micro (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Re: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

Edison vs Tesla DC vs AC Are you guys talking about the same thing? -- Bob Fay California, USA rfay@we.mediaone.net (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  RE: Fiber Optics System controlling multiple motors

You can't actually do this the way you describe. You can't pulse the motor outputs as required to drive the FOS with the standard firmware. The FOS has only one LED, and the VLL signal is a bit more complicated than on/off. You can use the scout VLL (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Sale price for Fiber Optics System at LSAH

You can get Fiber Optics at reduced price. LSAH Weekly Specials through Feb 6, 2001 has #9732 "Extreme Creatures" for sale US$25 (reg $50). See (URL) It has the FOS (Fiber Optic System) with 8 fiber optic cables and the 8-LED rotary part. For info (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.vll)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact