 Robotics / Micro Scout / 57
Re: Hardware Hacking the MicroScout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.microscout
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 05:51:46 GMT

Thanks for the Toshiba pointer.  Found the data sheet at:

http://www.toshiba.com/taec/components/Datasheet/TMP87C408.pdf

It appears to have 8K masked ROM, and 256 bytes (!) of RAM.  It also has a
serial port and 6 A/D ports, which I don;t believe are being used in the
Microscout.

I'm going to look around and see if I can find a compatible processor with
flash or eprom, or an external address bus so we can put an eprom on it.  A
cursory examination of the processor family shows there's a model with 2k of
ram and 60k or rom - more than enough for a heft kernel ;-)

Once again, thanks for the manufacturer pointer.

"Dean Husby" <nntp@akasa.bc.ca> wrote in message

If I remember correctly it's a Toshiba processor...

IF you can HACK more then 1k of RAM in the thing I'm sure many would be
interested...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html