 Robotics / Handy Board / 5997
5996  |  5998
Subject:
Increasing current output to motors on HandyBoard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 03:46:07 GMT

I am looking to drive a radioshack motor off my HB.  Its rated at 9V -
18V.  It claims that at maximum efficiency it will draw 1.98 Amps.  My
HB uses the TI sn754410ne motor controller and is rated only up to 1
amp.  If i replace this unit with a L293b stacked on top of an l293d (as
on the HB FAQ), what kinds of current output would be safe.  Is there
some stacking that would allow more current to pass safely?  (I am
looking for a relatively simple solution that can be implemented quickly
and easily.)  Can i stack two TI sn754410ne on top of each other?

thanks,
Ian Nieves
new HB owner