 Robotics / Handy Board / 5655
Re: IR outputB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:29:17 GMT

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Max Davies wrote:

What type of IR component do I need to attach to the Handyboard to allow the
IR output to function?

MAR ERICSON wrote:

You can connect an IR LED to it.  Maybe you may need a series resistor to
limit the current through it as well.

Could a hardware expert (Fred?) please give a more definitive answer to this?
What value resistor should be used?  After extensive IR use with just an IR led
and no resistor my transmission circuit eventually died... I guess I burnt out the
transistor but not being a hardware person I don't really know for sure.

Thanks,
/Max

Hi

Did anyone receive an answer to this. I ant to connect
a Radio Shack (276-143) IR LED to the IR output and am wondering
what resistance to use.  Also, I saw a design in Mobile
Robots..Inspirition where they use two IR LED (one on each side)
and a IS1U60 receiver in the middle as a proximity detector.
Is this possible on the HB?  Can one connect two IR LED's

to the HB and move the IS1U60 to the front of a bumber.

Thanks for any advice

Mike Howard