 Robotics / Handy Board / 5668
Re: IR outputB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:18:00 GMT

Did anyone receive an answer to this. I ant to connect
a Radio Shack (276-143) IR LED to the IR output and am wondering
what resistance to use.  Also, I saw a design in Mobile
Robots..Inspirition where they use two IR LED (one on each side)
and a IS1U60 receiver in the middle as a proximity detector.
Is this possible on the HB?  Can one connect two IR LED's

to the HB and move the IS1U60 to the front of a bumber.

Thanks for any advice

Mike Howard

i do not have the Mobile robots inspiration book, but i think if you want to use it
in a good way you will have to flash the right led for a time, check for reflection,
then switch it of and
check if there is also reflection (then it was ambient light). then the same with the
other side.
you see, you have to do many things in a short time (500 ms flashing the led), and if
you like to use more than one
proximity detector, your HB do not have much time for calculating its behavier, etc.

so it is easyer to use a pic (pic12c509 - costs $2) to control this. if you like more
info about this, i can give you more information (a url, etc...)

hope it helps
bye, Simon