 Robotics / Handy Board / 5345
Re: Expansion Board Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 02:08:39 GMT

Doug

I am using Newton Labs IC 3.2.  Thinking that the reason the expansion
board files were not working was that they were not compatible with Newton
Labs IC, I tried to get the freeware version to work.  I changed my com
port settings to try to get the freeware version to work(without luck
because of the bad expansion board files). After downloading the latests
expansion board files I forgot to change the com port settings back.  After
changing the settings back, the expansion board now works fine.  Thanks for
the help.

John

doug@knowpeace.com wrote:

John S. Schneekloth wrote:

Are you using the freeware version of IC or the Newton labs version of
IC.

I am using the Newton labs version 3.2. I just downloaded the newly
updated files from

  http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/hbexp30/

and everything loads properly now. It seems that some erroneous
characters were in a few of the files, but that all are fixed now.

Cannot find file lib_hb.lis or file lib_hb.lis

Try downloading the files again, and make sure they are in the
ic\libs directory, not the folder \ic\libs\expansion-libs that
winzip created upon extraction. You have to manually copy these
to the \ic\libs directory. Also, note that the lib_hb.c file
in the expansion file set replaces the old one.

Which version of IC are you using?

  -- Doug