 Robotics / Handy Board / 377
Re: sonar modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 06:25:58 GMT

Hi Jeff,

The Polaroid sensors work pretty darn well.  I've been able to get
1" resolution from 8" to 130"++ (reportedly they work to 35 ft - my room's
not big enough to try this out).  I was able to get mine working in about 10
minutes.  Basically, just FTP the code, attach a few wires and it works.  It's
WIRE-N-PLAY!  The only "modification" required is that one of the motor driver
chips must be pulled out to access some output signals.  It's really pretty
cool.

- Prabal

How well do the Polaroid sensors everyone's using work?  Do they
require much external circuitry or any modifications to the handy board?
I'm interested in them since I'm finally managing to get a nice working
robot going...  (Yeah everyone, I finally got this whole D10 excavator thing
working as a robot!)