 Robotics / Handy Board / 380
Re: sonar modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:41:06 GMT

Hi Jeff,

The Polaroid sensors work pretty darn well.  I've been able to get
1" resolution from 8" to 130"++ (reportedly they work to 35 ft - my room's
not big enough to try this out).  I was able to get mine working in about 10
minutes.  Basically, just FTP the code, attach a few wires and it works.  It's
WIRE-N-PLAY!  The only "modification" required is that one of the motor driver
chips must be pulled out to access some output signals.  It's really pretty
cool.

Where does it get it's power from?  The handy board?  I just might
go out and buy one of these, since I'm getting tired of my robot smashing
into walls!  :-)