 Robotics / Handy Board / 1193
Re: pcode downloading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 05:52:56 GMT

I assume you are successful in getting the -10 v out from pin 3 of J9
when nothing is attached -- what voltage do you get when you jumper
pins 6 and 10?  You need to get at least +5v; this is the way that the
HB transmits back to the host computer.

I get -8.9v when its not jumped.  When jumped I get some floating values
in the mV range.  I checked all of the solder joints.  Changed power
supplies.  Removed and reseated the chip.  Checked power and continuity at
various points around the board and things look fine.

OK, well I think it is isolated at the pseudo-MAX232 chip.  Did you
get the +10 v power supply pin on the p-MAX ok?   It's at pin 2.
Measure it w/r/t ground and you should get +10v.

Before you order a real Maxim, check the polarity of your
electrolytics.  Also, it is possible that one of them is marked wrong.
I have seen this---electrolytics with their wrapper on backward so you
install it wrong.  I am not kidding.

Measure the voltage across each of the 10uF electro's.  Two of them
should have 5v across their terminals, two of them should have 10
volts.

-Fred