 Robotics / Handy Board / *7244 (-20)
  Radio Communication and the Handy Board

In 1998 I made a mobile robot that communicates with a desktop computer using a radio module. Shortly after I accomplished this I made a webpage showing the results. Recently I moved to this page to another location. I invite you all to take a look (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Video Transmitters

Yeah, I think it was free for a first time customer! -- Ray Gary Livick <handyboard@media.mit.edu> wrote in message news:383C71AB.C0C8B2...ell.net... I received the X-10 cam I ordered two days ago. It arrived right on time, and is pretty impressive (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR detection

Yeah. It is a material that will illuminate when a IR source shines a beam on it. -- Ray Dovi Poznanski <handyboard@media.mit.edu> wrote in message news:3837E5F9.517BC7...u.ac.il... hey does anybody know how an IR sensor card works? -- Dovi (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  ratings of stepper and servo motors

hi all what are the ratings (voltages and currents loads) of stepper and servo motors compatible with the handy board. cheers fazal (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard died

I am sorry to hear about your situation, but I would like to point out that this sort of thing is exactly why the handyboard could, I believe, benefit from having a durable case made for it, which provides all access to the handyboard's (and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  test

Testing (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: PID Control

(...) Yep ... and no. The following was applied to a pneumatic cylinder controlled via an Amplicon Liveline I/O card and an SMC proportional valve (ie not Lego). code ***...*** pidloop: 'e = error, sp = set point (desired value), pv = process value (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: PID Control

This sounds like the sort of software that would be benifitial to everyone working with the Handyboard, perhaps it could be posted on the HB site? Fred? Reagrds, Matt (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: PID Control

Hi Mike: May I obtain also the code that you mentioned? I'm supposing the code was used at the HandyBoard? Thanks in advance for your help... Victor G. Ruiz Aranda ruizvic@mx1.ibm.com IBM de Mexico S.A. Coordinador IAS Planta de Manufactura T/L (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: colour sensor

I would suggest that the sensors are picking up IR. I would wager that your color filters are passing the IR with little attenuation and that your sensors are peaked in the IR region and little affected by the visible color information. If you have (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: colour sensor

(...) I posted to this yesterday, but my reply seems to have not appeared. What you need to have, is four sensors, not three. The fourth has no filter, and measures 'ambient' light. You then need to compare the return from this, to the other three (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  HandyBoard died

Hi all! I have some troubles with my HB. I have set it up together with the expansion board, and it worked properly and very fine. Then once, unfortunately, the LCD, connected to the expansion board, touched one of the five motor-power diodes, and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: PID Control

Bill I have code in QuickBasic and C, would this be any good to you?? It was code that I used at Uni and both versions have been tested on real apps so I know they work. For example, I developed a pneumatic cyclinder controller based on the QB (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  PID Control

Has anyone out there developed a good PID control program in IC. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel if it was already available. Thanks Bill Denzel (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: colour sensor

(...) I have typically used phototransistors rather than CDS photocells but both will work depending on the application. Sensors are like computer programs, when they do one thing they are fairly easy, if they do multiple things they are more (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Ceramic resonator for mini board

(...) I searched their site and got the SMD components only for some reason. But the part you want is in there. Try either PX800-ND or PX800MC-ND I'm not sure what the difference is. the 'MC part looks like what I've used but the Manual states that (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  colour sensor

hi chuck i tried using the photocells i got with the gleason research sensor motor kit. i used red green and blue filter, but the values are almost same (with a variation of 1 or 2). the variation is much more sensitive to the distance between the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Ceramic resonator for mini board

Hi all, I am having a problem with the ceramic resonator for the Miniboard and I hope someone out theer may help. In the MiniBoard part list the ceramic resonator is listed as DigiKey part # PX800. However, that is an incomplete part number that (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  MIT 6.270 robot design competition, Thursday, Jan 27

hi everyone, the mit 6.270 contest is this week. it's open to the public; you just show up. the official start time is 6 pm. that means you must get there between 4 and 5 pm, depending on how good you'd like your seats to be. typically, all the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  typos corrected in README for 6.270 SPWM routines

Sigh...you proofread and proofread, and still you miss typos... I found and fixed some in the file ftp://junior.apk.net...0_SPWM.TXT So, if you grabbed it yesterday, grab this one again today. Sorry for the inconvenience. *Rich* (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact