 Robotics / Events / 92
Re: Official LEGO site has MindFest pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.events
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 23:27:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.events, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.robotics.events, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.robotics.events, Chris Phillips writes:
I also just sent e-mail to Russell Stoll asking if he could add that I am a
member of NELUG (and damn proud of it!) to the caption(s).

And it seems he did.

It's almost tempting to ask that he spell out what NELUG is and/or link it to
the website, but that would seem to be pushing it...  but wow!  An offical
LEGO mention of NELUG.  That is pretty cool.

3 Times no less for Chris' 2 pics and Henry's.

And once again, kudos to the Mindstorms web team for being so responsive to
getting Henry's name on his... model?  robot?... design.

Ironically, they originally did spell out "The New England LEGO Users' Group"
under Henry's picture.  It seems that when they added "NELUG" to my captions,
they also acronym-ized his caption.  (They're almost _too_ responsive!)

My theory as to why the Star Wars display didn't make the page is that your
models would make the official LEGO kits look way too lame by comparison.

Oh, and I wasn't complaining that two of my 'bots made the page, but I just
thought that there were plenty of other robots at MindFest that deserve to be
up there more than mine do.  Some folks did some actual computer science
(Robert Munafo's RilyBot was a great example) whereas I just built something
that I thought would be fun to display.  I spent ten times as long building
the LEGO part as I did writing the code, and it showed.

At least no spectators got injured when my cannon targeting algorithm went
berzerk!