 Robotics / Events / 110
Re: Dreaming of a European Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 17:34:19 GMT

In lugnet.org, Frank Buiting writes:

Hi,

I'm very interested in this event, so here are my thoughts.

To start an event like this first thing to do is to figure out how many people
are willing to attend it; this is needed to see what resources are needed in
terms of space, food, places to sleep etc. etc.
Once there is an indication at what scale the event will be, candidate LUGs
can be selected that are up to the task (there might be few individuals
willing to organise but I'm thinking BIG here).

Good idea. We should organize a sort of pre-registration that implies no
obligation but helps us to have an idea of the numbers. That could be a
dedicate thread on lugnet.org where the people interested in the event simply
attach a message with their name.

Also one of the major concerns is money. It might be a Good Thing to know
wether LEGO would sponsor in one way or another. Other sponsors are needed as
well. Funds and sponsors needed can only be determined once a certian amount
of visitors can be guaranteed.

Sure. When we have an idea about the number of visitors it will be simpler to
go and ask for sponsorship.

If Holland turns out to be the country to do it, I'd like to offer my help.
There are various nice locations for such a fest in the Netherlands
(Beursgebouw Eindhoven, Jaarbeurs Utrecht, Mecc Maastricht)

I guess all the local newsgroup should first of all decide internally if they
want to candidate for the event. Anyway I'm glad to hear we already have
volunteers :-)

Mario