 Robotics / Education / 46
45  |  47
Subject:
Lessons and Evaluation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.edu
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:30:46 GMT

I love teaching with the robolab software, or just the technic and dacta sets.
I have no doubt the kids are learning. HOWEVER, many parents and administrators
want a more formal evaluation than the simple rubrics I use, based on time  on
task, (concrete) and effort and ingenuity (subjective). Do any of you have
suggestions, as well as any lessons you would like to share. I don't have
"lessons" often, but I have "events"..... the kids try to make the fastest car
or have a "tractor pull" where the contestants commpete against each other. I
teach at a school where most kids have never played with legos before.

I also am trying to come up with a 3 year progression of lego, for 6th thru 8th
grades.