 Robotics / Search Results: EVENT_MASK
 Results 461 – 480 of 803.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: sys_timer

(...) Yes. It is updated from an interrupt routine that fires every 1 ms (IIRC). However.... (...) wait_event is only accurate to 20ms or so, depending on what your other tasks do. So your timing is very accurate, but you're not timing what you (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.269)

  Accurate msleep and timeslicing - was Re: sys_timer

"Michael Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de> wrote in message news:GvJ5vD.7MC@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) switch. (...) I made some modifications to the tm_sleep_wakeup that allows high priority tasks to wake up at exactly the time specified for msleep (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.269)

  sys_timer

I recently adopted legOS as my development environment and I have to say I tremendously impressed. Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on it. It is really a first class, grade A product. Is sys_timer accurate to within 1 ms? unsigned long (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.269)

  Re: Lego IR Remote - What is max send rate?

Stephen - I've recently taken a couple of patch postings to legos.sourceforge.net by Ross Crawford and Zhengrong Zang and have come up with a hybrd solution (on 0.2.6) to implement the remote control. I am quite happy with the results. The original (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.268)

  Code-only Line-tracking event results

It's time for the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge again. The main event will take place tomorrow, from 1pm to about 4pm. It should be webcast. Check out (URL) and (URL) for details tomorrow morning. This year the Code-Only Line-Tracking event was held the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

event
(score: 0.268)

  Re: Not totally satisfied with the Lego Mindstorm concept: Mathematical variables and direct connection PC/mechanical device

(...) That's OK so long as the RCX doesn't get out of IR contact with the PC - as can *EASILY* happen. You need to have at least some autonomous code inside the robot that will enable it to regain contact with the PC by (for example) backtracking (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.268)

  Interactive communication with the RCX

I have recently discussed with Kekoa an interesting issue that apparently received scarce attention in the past. I'm trying to have interactive communication between the computer and the RCX through IR connected to an USB port: sendind commands from (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

event
(score: 0.268)

  SUMO at WAMALUG Meeting

At the WAMALUG meeting on April 14, 2002, a couple of people brought sumo robots. It was a lot of fun. See (URL) for some pictures from the meeting (thanks to Abe Friedman for taking and posting the pictures). Brian Carpenter posted the rules we (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

event
(score: 0.267)

  Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #4 Results

Earlier today was the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge #4. There were dozens of competitors, and even more robots. This was the best turnout yet for the number of competitors and robots at this event! Below is a summary of the results. For the full (and (...) (22 years ago, 14-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

event
(score: 0.267)

  UK Television Appearance

Did any of the UK Lugnuts see the piece on LEGO Mindstorms on ITV's Cybernet last night? It was on at around 2.30am and the spot on LEGO was very interesting. It featured an event at the Rainforest Cafe in London's Picadilly Circus and stars of the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.267)

  Re: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))

For the Workshop3D Event I use the following construct, the button handling is from the book "Extreme Mindstorms": : main ( -- ) \ Main Task init \ do main initialize ( ... ) BEGIN ( ... ) BUTTON_SCAN BUTTON_RUN? IF ( ... ) \ Calibrating BEGIN ( ... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

event
(score: 0.267)

  RCX Firmware Speed

This is a follow up to many of the recent posts on the speed of Lego's RCX byte code interpreter. It's a long post but the salient items are in the first few paragraphs. The interpreter is very slow because of all the overhead required to execute a (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics) !

event
(score: 0.266)

  Competition III Web Cast

The Robotics Competition at Ivy Tech State College in Evansville Indiana is going to be web cast on Friday 5 April from 12:30 to 3:00pm Central Standard Time. To view the "Search and Destroy" competition, point your browser to: (URL) general (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.loc.us.in.eva, lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.266)

  SouthWest Indiana Competition III (Search and Destory) Web Cast

The Robotics Competition at Ivy Tech State College in Evansville Indiana is going to be web cast on Friday 5 April from 12:30 to 3:00pm Central Standard Time. To view the "Search and Destroy" competition, point your browser to: (URL) general (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.events)

event
(score: 0.266)

  Re: LeJos threads / sleep() takes too long

The priority mechanism used in lejos is the same as that specified in the Real Time Specification for Java (RTSJ): Threads of a higher priority will absolutely block threads of a lower priority as long as they remain runnable. The sensor listener (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

event
(score: 0.266)

  Re: RFC: smaller task scheduler

"Stephen M Moraco" <stephen_moraco@agilent.com> wrote in message news:GtKIM4.Gws@lugnet.com... (...) <snip> (...) Sounds good. Now, who would like to provide a second opinion? BTW, as far as intended purpose of the task scheduler... I can see how (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

event
(score: 0.265)

  Re: Two big robot events in April in New England!

The Trinity College Fire-fighting Home Robots Contest is celebrated in the current issue of Dr. Dobbs' Journal (April 2002) in Ed Nisley's Embedded Space column (he's part of the event.) Ed's column was to me the most compelling feature of this (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.265)

  Two big robot events in April in New England!

Dear all, Mark your calendars for the premier robot events of spring in New England: SATURDAY, APRIL 6: ROBOTIC PARK AT PEACE DALE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Peace Dale, Rhode Island. Now in its eighth year, this is by far the biggest gathering of (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.265)

  Re: New Book - Core Lego Mindstorms

I assume with the offfical 1.4 release? I have had several problems with the offical release including stability problems, incompatible code (some wierd 1.2 stuff), slow performance, and hanging event threads (they never return from calling the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.264)

  Re: Stair Climber 4x4

We (LEGO Robotics Group of Ann Arbor) recently had our Stair Climbing event here in Ann Arbor. The 3 bots that competed all had very similar designs to the item you link to. We competed on a 5 step stair case that had a total rise and total run of (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.264)

More:  Next Page >>