 Robotics / 17470
Re: Stair Climber 4x4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:36:34 GMT

We (LEGO Robotics Group of Ann Arbor) recently had our Stair Climbing event
here in Ann Arbor. The 3 bots that competed all had very similar designs to
the item you link to. We competed on a 5 step stair case that had a total
rise and total run of 35 inches (7 inches rise and run per step). The
fastest bot was able to reach the top step in 46 seconds. Although the
designs we saw at our event were not *exactly* what you have shown us here,
they were comprable. Several of the groups members were not able to complete
their designs in time to make the event, but they had differening ideas from
the 3 that did show. Two unfinished bots both were based on the idea of a
Slinky (the motion/physics), but going up the stairs not down. The third
used a scissors lift controlled by string and pulleys. I hope to have
footage from the event on our web site soon.

Building stair climbing bots was definately a challenge, and fun too.

Jona
LEGO Robotics Group of Ann Arbor
http://www.24tooth.com