 Robotics / 9948
Re: What set should I get next?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:50:19 GMT

<snip>
I'm currently looking at three sets:
8479 - Barcode Multi Set
8462 - Tow Truck
8480 - Space Shuttle
Ideally, I'd love to get them all, but sadly this isn't an ideal world.
So what do you think is the best addition to my growing Lego collection?

I can't comment on the Barcode Truck but I've just recently acquired the Tow
Truck and Space Shuttle.  Both of these sets were purchased strictly as donor
parts for my Mindstorms system but I decided that they both deserved to be
built before being assimilated into the general parts collection.  I built the
Tow Truck first - it's a fun set to play with and gives you a nice selection
of pneumatics and some cool wheels.  This past weekend I built the Space
Shuttle and I'm still in awe.  This set is a masterpiece of engineering and
the selection of parts is excellent.  You can check out the inventory section
for a complete parts break down but suffice it to say that you'll get plenty
of goodies and lots more gears.  Several Zainy Brainy stores were blowing
these out at incredible savings before Christmas (I ordered one over the phone
for $45) and I've seen recent posts that indicate that a few of them still
are.  Check the listings here and in the market.shopping section.  If you can
get a Space Shuttle (particularly if it's under $100) I think this is the best
value parts-wise.  The only problem now is that I can't bring myself to
disassemble it just for the parts!

Good Luck,
Zac Pollock