 Robotics / 9924
Re: GPS for RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:31:37 GMT

At 10:55 PM 01/10/2000 +0000, Vincent Cate wrote:
Truth is I don't have time to work on this project, but it seems like
such a fun project that maybe someone else would think it fun and run
with it.

Without differential GPS the accuracy is low enough (usually no better than
+/- ~100 feet, sometimes far worse than that) that it would be almost
useless for a robot that wasn't in sight at all times anyway. I wouldn't
want an autonomous boat under GPS control for fear it would get lost.

Daniel

--
"Being humble is why I'm a great person."
Daniel A. Segel