 Robotics / 9920
Re: GPS for RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:21:55 GMT

At 03:55 PM 1/10/00 , you wrote:
The standard RCX firmware with its serial protocol could not talk to a GPS,
but LegOS could.  With LegOS and a GPS we could make robots that could
tell where they were.

Presuming, of course, that you are referring to "standard" GPS (i.e.
crippled by "selective availability") then I'm not sure what good it is
going to do for your robot.  Typical errors of approx. 100 yards are rather
difficult to deal with.

Zoz