 Robotics / 9036
RE: Strange "cartoon" gears?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:44:28 GMT

Ralph,

The prices quoted are in Austrian shillings. Check out the 'S' symbol for
the currency and the listed adress in Wien(=Vienna). I don't know the exact
exchange rate at the time, but I'm pretty sure there were several shillings
to the German Mark. So, the prices aren't as high as they seem.

Regards,

Arjen
Utrecht, The Netherlands (another funny country with a funny currency ;-))

Thanks Arjen,

In my haste, I didn't realize the importance of the S symbol, it would have
been DM like in my Marklin catalogs...I guess I saw the German text and jumped
to conclusions...

Cheers, Ralph