 Robotics / 8984
Re: Strange "cartoon" gears?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:45:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dave Johnson writes:
[...]
What are these gear pieces? What sets include them? Duplo, maybe?

I got mine (with caterpillar tracks to fit them) in
the 780 Road Construction Set:

  http://www.io.com/~rueger/lego/models/favorites/set780.html

I used them as wheels in Joe Lauher's building contest
a couple years back:

  http://www.io.com/~rueger/lego/models/MOC/redrover1.html

They were also available (in addition to other places
mentioned) in the 404 Universal Set from the late 70's.

More interestingly, a European "Gear Supplement" set (#801)
contained a number of sizes of this type of gear.  And just
recently, I picked up a copy of it from Matt Chiles' "The
Vault":

  http://www.goldendale.net/buildingblocks/thevault/index.htm

It's not listed there now, but it couldn't hurt to see if he
can get some more.

-Tim