 Robotics / 9
  What is your current Mindstorm project?

I am building something from the 8889 Technic Idea Book. There is a ski Gondola using the old 4.5 Volt motor(I think). You know the one with the 3 C batteries in a round grey tube? Anyway they built this gondola that would climb on a string up a 45 (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) Two ideas. 1) My friend Paul and I are trying to make some sort of 'tag' game -- or perhaps hide & seek -- that two RCXbots can play with each other. 2) A room-mapping robot that communicates with a Linux computer which does the actual storing (...) (26 years ago, 30-Sep-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) Both of these ideas are using Dave Baum's NQCC, rather than TLG's graphical language, by the way. (26 years ago, 30-Sep-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) OOOhhh! what's that? tell me more :) My current project is a design for a SolarVane (Sun Tracking Unit) that only uses 2 light sensors (Ideally you'd have 4, but I came up with an elegant little fudge to solve that)... Now I just need a (...) (26 years ago, 1-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) Now this sounds really interesting. Residing in Europe, I'll be getting CyberMaster soonish, and hope to be able to do something similar. What would be the best forum for discussing CyberMaster operated via Linux, by the way? The LEGO Robotics (...) (26 years ago, 1-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) Check out (URL) and in specific (URL) Quite C is (as the name implies) a C-like programming language for the RCX. It runs on MS Windows and MacOS, and as soon as Dave gets around to working on the serial code, on Linux. It's _much_ more (...) (26 years ago, 1-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) Yah, and the stuff at (URL) should be useful. The Cybermaster radio unit attaches via the serial port, right? It'd be nice if it uses the same protocols and firmware as the Mindstorms RCX... (26 years ago, 1-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) Why not here? ____ |oooo| Cheers, |oooo| Wouter van Wageningen ¯¯¯¯ (26 years ago, 1-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) Each pair of light sensors is used to determine variance above and below the "ideal" position, with one pair controling each axis of motion (when both light sensors in a pair are in shade, the head is pointed directly at the sun (or bright (...) (26 years ago, 1-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) Perhaps we should try to convince the mailing list to move to here -- or at least to gateway. Probably something like built.robotics.insides or something; it seems seperate enough from the general building of robots. (26 years ago, 1-Oct-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

Wow! where can I get a copy of that book? (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) I too would like to see that book. Too bad I don't see it at: (URL) just discovered this site. It's excellent. Entire construction books scanned in for damn near every kit. Ben, I had a good look at the Ski hill site and course outline... (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is your current Mindstorm project?

(...) [ ... ] (...) This is exactly what I'm working on (as a long term goal). I only got my mindstorm a few days ago so I haven't gotten far. Currently I'm just trying to get my robot to survive in my flat for more than a minute! ;-) The main (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)