 Robotics / 895
Re: legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 23:02:09 GMT

Eric Hodges <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
It's the law.  Software isn't defined by the media it's stored in or the
way it is stored.  It doesn't make any legal difference if you distribute
the software on a CD or printed on the back of a T-shirt.  The copyright
laws consider software to be any "set of statements or instructions to be
used directly or indirectly in a computer in order to bring about a certain
result."( 17 U.S.C ? 101)  Software distributed on ROM, EPROM, EEPROM, etc.
is still covered by the copyright laws.

The issue at stake is not the copyright.  It's the license agreement.

-Kekoa