 Robotics / 8683
    Re: Motor not turning - help please —Luis Villa
   (...) Are they known to respond to this? We had a motor that was frozen the moment we got it out of the bag, so I'd love to get a new one. -Luis ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous ###...### (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Motor not turning - help please —OneTimeCRX
     After taking apart a micromotor (red motor) that wasn't working, I found out that the reason why they sometimes get stuck is because the internal gears use such small plastic teeth that sometimes they don't mesh well. Plus, since they are plastic it (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         MindStorm competitions (rcx on univ.) —Miroslav Hudec
      Hi there, Has anybody list of universities where the MindStorm is used? I`m looking specially for research areas, where RCX (or RCXes) are used as part of complex system (and this is controlled by neural net, evol. alg. or something like this). I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

          Re: MindStorm competitions (rcx on univ.) —Luis Villa
      (...) Don't know about lists, but we've (here at Duke) used the mindstorms to do some basic Q-learning. No web page yet, but one might appear over Christmas break. Is there anything in particular you want to know about? (...) Again, not that I'm (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: Motor not turning - help please —Tilman Sporkert
     (...) Depending on the motor specs, stalling a motor isn't necessarily a bad thing for the motor. One of the favorite switch machines for model railroads (the device that you connect to the turnouts to move them) uses a stall motor for example. You (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Motor not turning - help please —Tilman Sporkert
     (...) Yes, just call them up. The number is on the Lego web site. They will send you a new one. My rate so far is 1 out of 9 not working out of the box. The bad one came out of a recently aquired set. Which means I either got a set that has been in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Motor not turning - help please —Matt Silver
   If you buy a kit with a motor and it doesn't work you should get it replace by the store or manufacturer. It does plenty: It keep you from getting angry / keep you happy It helps them (Lego) see the DOA product count so they can target improved (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)