 Robotics / 8578
  PC <> RCX Communication?

Quick question: is there a way for the rcx to send data to the PC (and possibly vice versa)? I have a scanner base built, and ideally I would like a way to communicate with the RCX, with the PC controlling the movement of the scanner. I could (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

Have a look at my page : (URL) buit a scanner with bidirectionnal control. Client (RCX) software written with NQC, 'server' (master=pc) soft written in borland delphi 3.0. But you can do the same with VB. It does quite exactly wath you want. This (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

(...) If you just listen to the 'message'es you send out from the RCX, you see them coming in. On unix just do something like cat /dev/cuaa0 It also works with most IRda ports, such as thouse found on the iMac and most laptops. Though I found the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  MarsRobot Updated

I took some time this Saturday to update my website ((URL) with two new projects. I took the mini-synchro chassis (with modifications) from (URL) and added a 360 degree halo bumper. I also purchased a 8448 Street Sensation and with a little (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.general)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

Philippe jadin <philippe.jadin@skynet.be> wrote in message news:FLvD0J.106@lugnet.com... (...) written (...) can (...) features (...) That sounds exactly like what I have done here, although I have mounted the 'gantry' on a large base. At the moment (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Problems with "built-in" IR proximity sensor

Hi all, I have been trying to use the IR beam + light detector to simulate an IR proximity sensor, as suggested by many. However, I don't seem to succeed, no matter what I try. I wonder if anyone on the list has experienced problems before getting (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Problems with "built-in" IR proximity sensor

You could try this NQC command: SetTxPower(TX_POWER_HI) ; to make sure your IR is set to high power. Mike Stefano Franchi <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: PC <> RCX Communication?

(...) The op-code for sending a message is $F7 "set message". Unfortunately somehow it is left out of spirit.ocx, so you have to go down to the serial protocol in order to use it. See (URL) for the details. If you want to stick to spirit.ocx, you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)