 Robotics / 8581
Re: PC <> RCX Communication?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 20:05:54 GMT

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Kornel Lambert wrote:

Quick question: is there a way for the rcx to send data to the PC (and
possibly vice versa)?

If you just listen to the 'message'es you send out from the RCX, you
see them coming in. On unix just do something like

cat /dev/cuaa0

It also works with most IRda ports, such as thouse found on the iMac and
most laptops. Though I found the lego port more sensitive and more
reliable.

If you look into, for example, the NQC or mac-nqc code, check the section
which does the sensor readout back to the PC.

Dw