 Robotics / 8578
8577  |  8579
Subject:
PC <> RCX Communication?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 15:53:53 GMT

Quick question: is there a way for the rcx to send data to the PC (and
possibly vice versa)?

I have a scanner base built, and ideally I would like a way to communicate
with the RCX, with the PC controlling the movement of the scanner. I could
probably use live control, but the timings need to be very precise so it
really needs the RCX being told to move x units by the pc, and doing the
timing of the move for itself.

Basically I am looking for a way to SendMessage() to the RCX, and a way to
receive messages sent by the RCX. The code onboard the RCX is NQC, and
ideally I would like to use VB+Spirit.ocx to receive messages from the 'bot
and control it by sending it messages.

The robot is controlled by interpreting Message() and sends back information
using SendMessage(), now I need the same kind of functionality at the PC
end. Anything which runs/compiles on NT4 would do...

Regards,
Kornel Lambert (Email: kornel@black-hole.co.uk) (Mobile: 0780 885 3178)
               (Phone: 0181 408 0796) (PGP Key: www.kornel.com/pgp.asc)
               (Email-to-Pager: pager@kornel.com) (Web: www.kornel.com)