 Robotics / 8577
Re: Review: " The Unofficial Guide to LEGO MindStorms Robots"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 09:27:25 GMT

  I also got the book (about a week ago) and the only problem is that
almost everything there is understandable during first reading - that's
not a good sign. I mean it could have gone into more details... however,
it is very helpful book, covering lot of stuff and pointing to even more
stuff (URLs to web resources) so while it is not a 'definitive' kind of
book it is a very good starting point (it already started me off to
pbFORTH, which I was reluctant to do by myself, I still wonder why:-).

erik

Matthew Wilkins wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Robert G. Fay writes:
    I was given a book called "The Unofficial Guide to LEGO MindStorms
Robots".
The book is published by O'Reilly and authored by Jonathan B. Knudsen.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lmstorms/ (click on "Book serialization")

As I started to make my way through the introduction and the Index, I was
impressed with the wealth of information being presented. • ...
I'll also throw the Official Cheese (o0) Stamp of Approval on this book.
Here's a little shnippet Bob left out:

1st Edition October 1999
1-56592-692-7, Order Number: 6927
300 pages (est.), $24.95

-Cheese, who's friends are cut and paste.